Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It Looks Like Niger

Well, I saw on the Niger Facebook page that a girl has been invited for Agriculture in October in Niger.

...So it looks like Niger, folks. Unless one of the other three also has a group leaving at the same time for the same assignment.

So of course I have been scouring the Niger blogs. There aren't as many/as detailed/as recent as there are from the other countries. I think this is because you can only get internet in Niamey, not in all regional capitals, as is the case in some other countries.

But I did find a pretty good photo page with captions, a blog from a current PCV whose parents transcribe her letters home to the blog, and this one: http://meandmyswissarmyknife.blogspot.com/

I'm still in her 2007 posts...I don't know if she's still there or has come home yet, but she seems to make it to Niamey fairly regularly to post really long, detailed entries.

Even more interesting, I know an RPCV who served in Niger in the 90's. I've been meaning to talk with her more, but didn't quite know what to ask. I kind of want to figure out what country it will be for sure before I really talk with her.

I should get my invitation in the next 2-4 weeks. Nerve wracking.

No comments: