Friday, August 22, 2008

POs Giving Me Heart Attacks!

I just got an email from Peace Corps, and almost had a heart attack trying to read all the words at once:


Hi Dorian,

Greetings from the Peace Corps! My name is [name removed] and I am a placement officer on the Africa team. I’m writing to alert you that you might be receiving a confusing status update from your My Toolkit account online. I made an administrative error while updating our database, and inadvertently inputted some information in your record that was intended for another applicant with a very similar name. The error has been rectified, but you will likely be receiving a prompt stating that you declined an invitation to serve in Burkina Faso. Please just disregard the prompt, as it was intended for another candidate.

Your placement officer, [name removed], is aware of my error, and is also cc’ed on this email. Your application is currently under review with [name removed].

My apologies again for the confusion, and please do feel free to contact me if you need further clarification.

Best, [name removed]


So basically it means nothing...except that I know who my placement officer is and she is looking at my file!!! WOOT! I can't sleep at night the closer and closer we get to Tuesday, which is the day I will know if I'm going or not.

I am going to email them both back and say thank you and that I look forward to hearing from my PO SOON!!!

No comments: