Sunday, August 17, 2008

Best. Discovery. EVER!

Dude...sour cream is my FAVORITE condiment...I <3 it! If this powder is for real...and I could have some semblance of a sour cream in Africa...all will be right with the world!! Also, this site: www.barryfarm.com has powdered cheese sauce and stuff (like from Kraft Mac & Cheese) and all kinds of powdered and dehydrated stuff that would be excellent for care packages!

Another good one for foodstuffs is http://www.harmonyhousefoods.com/. They have faux-meat and dehydrated vegetables and soups and stuff like that...

I hope my family sends me some of this stuff regularly!! I also plan to bring a couple of Tupperwares full of some of this stuff...especially stuff like the cheese sauce, which could be a great alternative to millet and "snot sauce" as many PCVs refer to the common okra-and-millet/sorghum dish.

UPDATE: I just ordered this from Harmony House.

Also I ordered from Barry Farms: the sour cream, dried refried pinto beans, dehydrated red & green bell peppers, dehydrated shiitake mushrooms, and the dehydrated vegetable soup blend.

I figure, once I get through all of that I'll have a good idea of what is good and what isn't!

No comments: