Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Progress with the PO

Ok, so I just talked with the placement office. The asst. PO that answered was nice, but didn't seem to know if my toolkit would ever revert back to its state before the Administrative Error or not, but that I should be fine because everyone in their office is aware of the issue.

Then I asked if my PO was available. She said she was, but was there something she could help me with, which is what they are trained to ask when you ask for your PO. I told her the truth: that I had the inkling that I had been nominated to the Niger Oct. 7 program and that yesterday was the six-week-mark, so that ship had sailed and I wanted to ask my PO what things I could do to strengthen my file to encourage her to invite me in the future. The APO put me on hold for a minute, and then came back and said she would transfer me to my POs voicemail, gave me her direct extension (!!!), and said she would personally tell my PO that I called. So this APO is on my side!

I think PC really likes it when you show initiative and motivation and show you are willing to work hard to be invited. And I am definitely willing to do what it takes to be a strong candidate. If it means volunteering every weekend, working out to bring down my BMI, tackling Rosetta Stone for hours on end and taking a class on trees, then I will do that. I just need her to tell me what she wants.

No comments: