Tuesday, February 24, 2009

First Loss For Real

Well, the SP’s secretary general took me to the reseau spot today. It is about 2-3k away kinda in the middle of nowhere. It looks down into a big valley and the mountains beyond. You can get an unreliable one bar there. Actually there are two spots. At the first one it kept dropping the call but at the second one it hung on pretty well. Of course, the second spot is harder to get to.

So I talked to Jake for a little while and he told me that Dave really did call it quits this time and is already gone . You better eat that burrito for me, boy! With EXTRA sour cream!!! We’ll miss you and your Spaceballs bike helmet. Stay in touch!

RIP Dave (Jessica, Dave, Me):















I was also shown the spot where a nice gardener has been kind enough to donate a piece of land for me to cultivate. It is across from the schools and down a path, it has a water source right there which is great. The gardener said I could cultivate the whole field if I wanted to (it’s probably half an acre) but I think I’ll stick with maybe a 25x25 foot space close to the watering hole. At least to start ::wink wink::. The forgeron is working on making my dabas so once I have those I will go down there and start tilling it up (it’s got grass and stuff all over it right now, but that’s a good sign, because it was green grass that obviously no one had been watering so plants should grow well there). I also think I will dig myself a compost pit. I have lots of kitchen scraps.

OH! Somebody ate Melvin’s corpse! Nene said it was probably a goat. As I was tossing water or some food scraps or something over the side of the porch I noticed that the rocks I had put him under had been moved and his body was nowhere to be found. So I guess I don’t have to worry about it stinking! Somebody got a good meal out of it. Come to think of it, maybe it was the cat that seems to live in the rock pile outside my bedroom window. Bet he thought Melvin was delicious! Also, I am starting to suspect that there is a second mouse in my house because I have seen a few more poo pellets and I thought I had cleaned all of Melvin’s out. Hmm. Time will tell.

Tomorrow morning I have to be at the pepiniere at 8 (which means leaving my house at 7:30) as some chef is coming to town and the whole groupement will be there. Something tells me I will be the first one there.

Finally, my poor puppy is sick. He had been scratching and whining all day so I decided to give him a bath in the insecticide before going to bed so I did and he’s not scratching as much anymore but after the bath he shivered for a long time (like he always does, even if I bathe him in the hottest part of the day) so I wrapped him up and laid him on my chest to keep him warm. Then after awhile he started gagging so I put him on the floor and since then he has thrown up probably about 10 times. I’m not sure why he is vomiting. It could be from stuff he ate in the yard, like the rotten eggs I threw out today (the eggs I bought at Ian’s site were ALL rotten – beware!). I saw him chewing on some egg shells and there were egg shells in his puke. So who knows. I just hope he feels better in the morning.

1 comment:

Dave said...

:) That's a great (if not exactly flattering) picture! And RIP? I'm not dead yet!