Monday, December 1, 2008

Off to Stage in the Morning...

Well, it still doesn't seem quite real. I remarked today that I am at the point I should have been at a week ago. Yeah.

I am definitely going to be the one hauling around the most junk. I mean, it's pretty epic. I ended up with a large internal frame camping pack and a large rolling duffel bag (both just slightly under 50 lbs. each), and then my pilot-case type carry-on and backpack. I guess the only thing "extra" is the pilot case, but yeah.

Too much stuff. If I had another week I probably could have pared it down a lot but...let's just hope the Universe is on my side and gets all my stuff to Guinea safely. I definitely stressed too much about packing.

Anyway, I have to be up in about 4 hours to catch my flight to Philly, but wanted to have one last post from CA before I left. It doesn't seem real to be saying goodbye to my friends and family. I have been under such stress the last few weeks, so much so that I haven't really been able to feel apprehension, excitement, sadness, etc... Really all I have felt is stress and a sense of urgency. And am leaving my mom with more stress (as I did not do a very good job of getting rid of all my junk). I definitely think I needed another week.

But, c'est la vie!

See you in Guinea!

1 comment:

Caitlin Rads said...

i called you this morning as I was driving to work and NPR was playing Fela Kuti. If you do not know his music, you should definitely pick it up. But alas, you were gone so I bid my final last minute farewells toy our pops! Lots of love and luck on your travels.