Monday, January 4, 2010

Half-way Point

So I have a sixth sense about animals, much in the way I do about babies. My original Malian cat, I think I mentioned, ended up dead when I came back from IST/Christmas. Today, as I returned from my New Years celebration, one of my moms, Seli, presented me with a new kitten. I never named the old cat because I just had a sense he wasn’t going to last. And he didn’t. That’s why he was called kitty. This cat, I have already named. His/her name is Magellan. Because he/she is an explorer and the first thing it did when I put it down in the house was explore everywhere, including finding food, water and the litter box. So I think this cat might stick around awhile.

Today marks 13 months in Africa and is the halfway point of my 26-month commitment to Peace Corps. It both seems like it’s flown by and taken forever. And it seems both like there is so long and not enough time until I get to go home again.

No comments: