Thursday, October 16, 2008

Guinea it is!!

The FedEx man came this morning and I have my official invite!! It comes in a big blue folder, not a binder, but hey - it's here!

IT'S GUINEA!!! We stage December 1 (probably Philly??). My recruiter called me today so excited that I was finally invited. She has been so awesome through the whole process and I feel privileged to have had her for a recruiter.

My program is Agriculture and Forestry and I will be an Agroforester! WOOHOO LET'S PLANT SOME TREES!!!

I feel like it still hasn't sunk in. I am staring at my big blue folder and it still hasn't sunk in.

I, in fact, cried a little when I opened the package. Does that make me a pussy? :)

After doing some research yesterday, it appears that the December Guinea program takes Agfo, SED (Small Enterprise Development) and Health (Education comes during the summer). SED and Health train in Forecariah and Agfo trains in Maferinya, so we will be a bit segregated...so, if there really are only 3 Agfo volunteers in this group, Jessica, Danyelle and I will be VERY close!

I think I'm going to throw up. I need some applesauce.

My mind is going in fifty directions all at once and I can't een concentrate enough to read through my materials!!

One more time, WOOHOO!!!!!

No comments: