Thursday, October 23, 2008

Awesome Day

Today was an awesome day. I got an email from my Aunt this morning saying she would love to take care of my cat while I'm gone. My dad made my flight reservation and I made a reservation to bring my cat, so it's all set! I am so relieved to have a safe place to leave my cat while I am gone and be assured she will be waiting for me when I come back.

AND Candice is in to take over my room Dec. 1!! Everything worked out! The major things, anyway. Uh, except we have to go over the hurdle of telling our landlord. I am already knowing she is going to throw a fit. Hopefully Candice's credit is good.

I still have to deal with getting rid of 1/2 my stuff and moving the other 1/2 to my mom's for storage. And do my updated resume and aspiration statement. And learn French.

So...now that that weight is off, the other weight is on!!

I feel that the next LESS THAN six weeks (!!!) are going to be full of turmoil and anticipation.

Today we started an email ring with 9 of the volunteers going in December. We know of one other but don't know her email address, which makes 10 total. We are wondering if our group is going to be the expected 35 or so, or if it will be a much smaller group, probably due to budget cuts. I would say you probably only have contact with 50 - 70% of the people who end up going, so since we know of 10, I bet we will have at least 20.

Things are moving forward.

No comments: