Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Getting closer to knowing...

Well, I just spoke with my PO. I called because my dad has been asking about me visiting for the holidays and it is about the right time to be buying plane tickets. She said that she will know about December by the end of the week. So if I haven't heard from her by Friday, I will give her a call on Monday to get a final answer.

As far as my TV show goes, it was pitched to two major networks, who both liked it but did not buy it in the room (however they did not turn it down, either). There are three more pitch meeting set up, but no one will hear anything for at least the next 2 weeks as all the executives are in Europe for some TV thing. One of the guys they pitched to said this would be a good show to replace something mid-season that is tanking, as it can be ready to shoot in like 2-3 weeks from greenlight. Since the new season just started, a show could tank in the next 3-4 weeks. TANK, TV, TANK!!! haha...

I am currently unemployed, since the Emmys ended Friday before last. I was hoping the show would sell in the pitch meetings last week so I would have a definite date of employment again, but that has not been the case. Luckily for me, in the awful economy the government has extended unemployment benefits so I will have a few weeks of unemployment insurance I can collect. But that's only about half what I could make in a week if I were actually working, so it's time to look for work!!

No comments: