Friday, July 4, 2008

Niger vs. Costa Rica

Ok, so I just went through and read the Living Conditions section for Costa Rica. After reviewing Niger's section today, and Mali and Mauritania and Senegal over the last few days, I began to wonder if any other countries actually were any better, as far as the living conditions and heat go...

Well, Costa Rica sounds friggin' amazing. You have a phone, electricity, running cold water. The climate is basically like Southern California (60 - 90F), probably more humid as there is a lot of rain in the rainy season. One drawback is that you live with a host family the entire time. It says it's easy to remain a vegetarian, as rice & beans is the staple meal. You can wear tank tops. Internet access is nearly everywhere.

Compared with where I am probably going, where there will be no running water, no electricity, POSSIBLY cell phone coverage, 120F, hardly any rain, the staple diet is fried meat and a starch, internet is only in large cities, and you can't wear tank tops.

I would be happy if there was some fruit and vegetables and I could wear tank tops...really that's all I want.

1 comment:

NIGER1.COM said...

Niger is world poorest country just after 2 other country
Niger is the second hottest place on earth
Niger has the slowest internet connection
the lowest of everything I am from Niger and i manage http://www.niger1.com
if you have any questions about niger
email me at niger1.com@gmail.com