Monday, July 14, 2008

The French Classes Commence

Ok, so I just got Rosetta Stone French 1 and 2 in the mail. I installed it and have already started trying it out.

I have already learned stuff, seriously. And I've only done a couple of lessons. The lessons are easy, too, and repetitive, but not exactly, which makes it effective...it repeats the same words but in different contexts so you learn what that word means, not just what it means in that context.

Pretty cool software if you ask me.

I think I am going to require myself to work with it 2 hours a day, 5 days a week. I am finding that my training in Spanish is helping a lot... I know I shouldn't worry that much about the French, since where I am will probably speak an African language in the end, and I'll only get to use my French in the capital, but hey...it's a requirement!

Now let's see how good my French is by the time I leave!

No comments: