Tuesday, June 24, 2008

If I Had to Push Service

Ok, so I just spoke with the PC Placement Office and here is what I found out. I have until mid- to late-August to decide if I need to push my departure date, she said they are still dealing with July and August invites right now and haven't even moved on to October yet. She also said that my medical clearance is good for a year from when I was cleared, meaning it is good until next June. If I need to push my departure date, I would have to go through the nomination process again, meaning I would have to withdraw my application and then resubmit online and go through another interview to be nominated to a new program in the time frame I am looking for. I wouldn't have to do my exams or anything again, or any new clearances as they are all good for a year.

So, basically, if my show sells, I could push as far as next June and only have to resubmit my application (which would be a piece of cake, as I already have all my old application in a .pdf file). Then I would have to interview again, probably with the same recruiter as I believe your recruiter is assigned based on where you are applying from (like another recruiter is in charge of Arizona applicants, I think mine is in charge of LA County applicants). I'm sure I would be nominated again, though it could be for something completely different, like Information Technology in South America.

So basically that is what I learned. I'm glad she sounded like it would be no big deal and that I didn't have to start worrying about telling them until August, when I should have a better idea of what is going on. At least I hope I will!

No comments: