Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dilemma

So here is my dilemma...I work in television. I don't want to, I WANT to work in film, but let's face it, those jobs are hard to get. That aside, I work for an Executive Producer and together we developed a reality show that William Morris Agency (one of the biggest talent agencies in the world) likes and wants to take around town. They also hooked us up with a great showrunner (the guy who does The Mole, for any of you who watch that). Anyway. With all that clout behind it, it has a good chance of selling. If it sells, we want to shoot for 3 weeks in October 2008. Coincidentally, that is exactly when I am supposed to be leaving. So I have a conundrum...leave on time, or stay and make a CHUNK OF CHANGE doing the show and leave AFTER that...as of yet the show hasn't sold, so I'm still on track to peace out in October. But if it DOES sell, I could potentially make what is to me A LOT of money, which would be nice to have once I complete service so I can spend 3 months on the Eurorail and 2 months on Amtrak, seeing the world. Thoughts on this?

No comments: