Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Packing Wars Wage On

Packing is super stressful. I would say the weight thing isn't really a problem, it's the size of the bags. One of my bags, my main bag, is 59". We are allowed 107" which puts my second bag allowed at 48". The backpack I bought yesterday is way over 48" fully loaded.

So. Stressful.

When I put 50 lb. of stuff in the big bag, I'm left with hardly anything else. Well, except food. There is really not going to be space for food. Hmmm...

I guess I should stuff my O'Gio backpack totally full (my under-seat carry-on) and see how much stuff that alleviates.

With only 9 days left until I depart for Philly, packing snags are unwelcome. Really unwelcome.

EDIT: Well, after checking the airline's website, I should be fine on size. They allow two 62" bags of 50 lbs each. My bags are about 59" and 55", so I am well within the airline limits. Also, should be fine on weight. So, a little sigh of relief. Considering I still have a list of stuff I still need to procure!! I think I'm going to be ok, though...still not much space for food, but...oh well!

No comments: