Tuesday, November 25, 2008

6 Days To Go

So, I am not ready. 6 days to go. Not ready. I ALMOST have my iMac ready to give to the guy buying it from me, but I have had major computer crises in the last couple of days. Trying to figure out how to merge all my iTunes and iPhoto files is a nightmare. And there is like NO space to work with on this laptop. It has an 80 GB hard drive which is 85% filled with applications.

Also, I can't get my big files off my iMac. That's really all I have left to get off of it but my stupid hard drives are doing that stupid thing where they won't copy any files over 5 GB. And I can't remember how to reformat it so that it will! ARGH!!! On top of that my optical (CD/DVD) drive broke and will take a week to repair (but thanking my lucky stars I invested in AppleCare so it will be free). So basically I have to give it to the guy I am selling it to without reformatting and giving a clean install (so who knows how much of my info is still on there, though I did try to manually clean it out) and then HE has to take it to the Apple Store and have it repaired. But the good news for him is that the machine is covered under AppleCare until August 2010.

Stress. Seriously.

Also, I am pretty much out of money. Which is the other reason why I need to get these last stupid files off this stupid computer so I can get paid for it and have some freakin' money again.

Dude, I am really feeling the pressure right now. It's like nothing is going right. I have to have lunch with my old boss at 1, and then I'm going to Best Buy to get ANOTHER hard drive (I have, like, 10, no exaggeration) and try to get a Geek Squad guy to tell me how to make it copy huge files. And pray that I can finally be done with the computer fiasco tonight.

I checked the U-Haul website and they want to charge me like $150 for the smallest truck! All I need it for is to move my bed to my mom's place. The freakin' bed only cost like $200!! So I asked a friend with a truck if he could help me out this weekend so we'll see what happens. He has already helped me move like 3 times and I feel bad asking him again but I just DON'T have that much money to spend moving a bed.

My packing is also a disaster.

I have no idea how I am going to finish everything in 6 days. I might have to make my mom come up here and help me finish closing this place out. Time is running out.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

eek! breathe Dorian breathe!!! Just remember, December 1st it'll all be worth it and not even a drop in the water. You won't even think about it come December 1st!

My "bf" (up in the air about now) has always done my computer stuff, including this summer when I bought my new Mac, moving all my stuff from my iBook to my new MacBook. As far as I can tell, if you already have the new computer, or even new hard drive, you can literally just plug it in and do a something something and come back in a couple hours and it should all be transferred. I really don't know what he did but I know he didn't run into problems like this, esh....I know that doesn't help, but if I remember what he did or remember to ask him, I'll be sure to let you know in a heart beat

Have you gone to apple.com ---> Support and searched? I don't know if either of these help:
http://support.apple.com/kb/TA25549
http://support.apple.com/kb/TA25616

Anyway, 6 days until you are basically just in Heaven. December 1st, you won't even be thinking about this....don't forget to breathe!

Happy Thanksgiving!
:):):)
Jenna
(GL!)

Megan said...

Seems it took me a long time to figure out that you're going on peace corps. I am so impressed, but then it would be you, of all my friends, who volunteers to live in a hut and reforest a country for an extended period of time. The Guineans (is that what you called them?) are going to love you.