Sunday, November 16, 2008

2 weeks til Guinea...oh god!

I am aware that this makes me a complete loser, but I keep thinking my cat is still in my apartment. Every time I walk in the door I expect her to come running up to greet me. It's almost like I just want to GO already so I can stop thinking I see her out of the corner of my eye! I know she is doing well at my aunt's and will like it there, but I just can't help missing the hell out of her!!!

I have managed to purchase the bulk of the gear I am planning to buy. I still have to purchase my backpack, the Bug Hut, a digital camera and some toiletries. And some clothes. But that's it. My family has been really great about pitching in on the cost of all of it, which takes a load off of me.

I did a casual test pack/weighing and I think I am going to be fine on weight. I thought it would weigh way more than it did, and it let me breathe the first sigh of relief I have had since being invited 4 weeks ago.

Which brings me to another point: Monday marks exactly 2 weeks until I board the plane for Philly. I want to throw up every time I think about it. I really know no French. Or very, very little. I don't think I could answer a question in a complete sentence. I am not sure if this should be a cause for concern or not.

I have planned an African dinner at the African place in LA, and am waffling about scheduling a going-away party.

Writing my will was also super fun :(.

Still have a million things to take care of, but everything major has worked itself out, so I think god is saying to just shut up and stop worrying. But...that's not going to happen! I think until I have gotten all checked in and boarded the plane for Philly, I will still be in a state of complete disarray.

No comments: