Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ode to Petzl

Petzl – you make one HELL of a headlamp!! I couldn’t find my headlamp for two days so thought it somehow got stolen though I couldn’t figure out how. Then I was hauling a dirty bucket of water outside and VOILA – floating just under the surface: my headlamp. Apparently Yogi had knocked it off the back of the couch and that’s where it landed. And stayed for two days.

So after two days submerged in dirty water, I’m thinking – this headlamp is done for. It was totally waterlogged and the batteries had even started to rust in the battery compartment. But I thought, “what the hell” and put it out in the sun to dry out anyway. And then I stuck some new batteries in it AND IT TURNED ON!! I couldn’t believe it. Still can’t.

So next time I’m at internet I am gonna log onto the REI website and write a rave review of my beloved headlamp. Two days submerged in water and still working good as new? Quality purchase.

No comments: