Sunday, April 19, 2009

Someday I Will Get to Leave Dakar

A little update for you all...

Thought I was going to be able to go home Wednesday and scheduled a flight and everything but then there was a power outage at the crown factory (that sounds funny) and my Saturday appointment got rescheduled for Monday so now I am optimistic abut being able to go home Thursday or Friday.

Inshallah (God Willing).

In other news today I tried to make garlic naan but it turned out more like pizza dough but still tastes fantastic. Not sure if I will eat it with boil-in-bag Indian food (purchased from the Indian restaurant) or make tacos. The possibilities are endless.

Also have finally watched Star Wars: A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back and am not really seeing the cult-like appeal though Harrison Ford as a young man is freaking delicious but Luke Skywalker is kind of a douche.

Also a couple of Senegalese volunteers had some Season 5 LOST episodes on DVD and streamed the rest online so I am all caught up but it just makes me want to watch the whole series again starting with Season 1. When I get back to the States, I'm totally doing that.

That's all for now.

No comments: