Wednesday, March 25, 2009

MedEvaced

So found out this morning that I will be MedEvac-ed (medically evacuated) to Dakar on Sunday. There is another volunteer who will be going with me at the same time. She arrives in Conakry on Friday and she has already been to Dakar so depending on how sick she is, she might be a good guide!

I will be in Dakar at least until the following weekend (if everything goes perfectly, if not could be there the whole next week as well). I will not be going back to my site before leaving, which is kind of a bummer because I don't really have all of my stuff...but, c'est la vie.

So today I have to go to the market to get enough stuff to feed myself until Sunday and I'll need to go en ville to exchange money to Senegalese CFA and hit up the Leb Store with the sour cream!!

So for those of you who want to call, I will be available on my number until Sunday night (flight leaves about 7:30pm). While in Senegal I will have to purchase another number and will try to get that to you as well.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Just think of it as getting to add a whole nother country to your experience.

And feel beeter soon!